One Month Before Move – April 20th 2020
Time flies when you’re having fun! We are now 1 month away from your move to your new home! So much to do so little time! There is a lot to do the month before the move but the most time consuming of it all is usually packing. If you remember our last post, we talked about getting all your packing supplies ready so when it comes time to pack you are ready to go. Well, the times is here! Ready…Set…Pack!
Packing like we have said can be overwhelming but we are here to help whether our helpful tips here or hiring us…or in some cases both! Here are some help tips:
- Start by packing all of the things you will not need until after your move is completed. There will be some last-minute packing you will have to do right before the move of all the daily items you needed up until the move.
- Labeling is key! Make sure you label the boxes with what room it needs to go into. When labeling you will want to make sure you write on the side of the box. This will make unloading the boxes into their respective rooms quicker.
- Organize! Keep boxes together that are going to the same room together. You don’t want a wild goose case when in comes time to unpack.
- Fragile items you will make to make sure are packed separately from your other belongings. Make sure they are wrapped and padded properly. You will also want to make sure you label the box FRAGILE!
- If you run out of bubble wrap or paper you can always use your linens, curtains, and clothes to wrap fragile items in.
- Packing Liquids (Alcohol or liquid cleaning supplies): we do strongly suggest that when packing them you want to use a Rubbermaid tote or container. This will help protect anything else around it from getting damaged if there is a leak.
As you pack always remember you can give us a call and we would be happy to assist with your packing needs!
Remember that research you did a month ago on different moving companies? Now it’s now to make your pick! You will want to give the company you chose a call and get a quote or schedule your onsite estimate. Moving can take some budgeting for, so getting your estimated cost now will allow you time to get your budget together.